Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2012

52 Weeks of Fitness: Weels 17-20 Recap

For the year of 2012, I have made a yearlong commitment to better fitness and health that will change my life forever. The way I see it, I've been "talking the talk" for way too long - it's about time I start walking. The plan is to use workouts from The New Rules of Lifting, gradually start eating better, and try out plenty of fun healthy activities along the way. Since I need to play catch-up to recap the end of the school year and get a fresh start on summer, I decided to bundle 4 weeks of recap posts into one. Here's how I've fared since my last check-in:

Lifting:

In Weeks 17-20, I closed out the last 4 weeks of the New Rules' "Hypertrophy B" Phase. The Hypertrophy point is where muscle-building takes center stage, so it's time to pack it on. Gym attendance was, unfortunately, pretty spotty due to end-of-the-year commitments.

- Week 17:

Monday I tried to re-start on the 4th week of Hypertrophy B, and did a mid-point workout of 5 x 6 lifts with longer rest periods. Some decent progress here, not much to report.

Wednesday was a solid endurance-based lower body workout. Good effort and good results.

- Week 18:

Friday was, honestly, one of the roughest workouts of my life. I think I just went into it extremely dehydrated, and soon got pale and light-headed. I stuck with the workout, but unfortunately was unable to push it too hard.

- Week 19 was exams week. I took it off from the gym for some much-needed studying, which REALLY paid off academically.

- Week 20 was the first week of summer!

Monday was a decent workout, for being so de-trained. 5 x 6 lifts with 115 in the Yates row, which is pretty good for me.

Friday was a fun pull-based workout. I was feeling good, and really pushed myself on a lot of lifts.

Nutrition:

- Week 17 had two tiny binges, nothing too harmful.

- Week 18 I only had one big binge - again, not too bad.

- Week 19 (finals week) was rough. Definitely ate my heart out with 3 big binges and one small one.

- Week 20 was all under budget as I tried to reign myself back in.


So where to from here? Well, I need to get my nutrition back in check, and stay consistent in the gym. And now that I really have a lot more free time, I'd like to look into really working on my barefoot running form in my Five Fingers.

Only 32 more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment